Sunday, May 12, 2013

I am just filling the blank page

 Too much time with textbooks is bad for you; they squeeze out every ounce of creativity that exists in you. I am suffering it; the squeezed out creativity is before me now, mocking me with its ridiculous dance moves.
I didn’t realize that I was vacant of creativity when I opened Microsoft office word; I thought I could write something, feel good even after all those hours of torture by those textbooks. I was wrong as many times before. My creativity acts as though it is scared of this blank page that comes up every time ms word opens up. I tried to write in a note book but that doesn’t feel good, I have to hear the sound of the keys going down as I press them to make words. Also, my handwriting is really pathetic and even I cannot bear to see it. The page isn’t blank anymore. What a relief!
 To me exams are like enormous speed breakers. They slow you down, makes you feel dizzy, make you want to throw up, make you want to scream, and makes you want to get out of the vehicle and run somewhere else. Find a pond or a river or a lake or whatever and plunge yourself into it and stay underwater and blissfully shut your ears from all the noise. Go to the beach and make sand castle, go into water and feel the waves, sit in the shade and read a beautiful book, listen to good music and have a candle light delicious dinner. Go for a long tiring run and lie exhausted looking at the sky, eat a lavish breakfast, watch a good movie, laze around with friends, sit at home aimlessly and enjoy it. Exams make you want to do anything but study.
Let us talk about something else.
Space, let us talk about space. By space I don’t mean the celestial space, but an area. My city lacks space. Space for what you may ask. Well, space to go to when you are bored, or with relatives or guests, or even friends and lovers. My city has a lot of restaurants, shopping malls, cinema theaters, temples, churches, mosques, crowded narrow roads, and crowded reasonably broad roads, couple of parks, a museum, couple of water theme parks, and a lot more but the problem of all that is a lack of organized infrastructure and an excess of population. Wherever you go, you have more than 1000 people around you.
No, I don’t want to go all negative, not today, not without my creativity. I love my city no matter what. I belong here.
Change of topic.
The other day I went for a movie with friends, not to a multiplex. In multiplexes men are in their good selves, in non multiplexes men are in their normal selves, I mean, they are not so good. This time, like any other time, there were a lot of men and few women for the movie. We thought we should be cautious, we thought but that doesn’t mean we were. So we sat, the movie began. After a while, when I am too involved in the movie, my friend pokes me, I look at her irritated, she points at something, I look to where she points and I am shocked to see what I see. Do you know what that was? Obviously you wouldn’t. It was a foot. Yes, you read right, a foot it was, and a man’s!! I was alert, the feminist alarm in me rang, and ‘REACT!’ the alarm screamed. So I turned around in my seat, took a moment to connect the foot with the right head, and when I did, to my amazement saw that the person had his eyes shut. Was he drunk, drugged, or just asleep. Drunk, I decided. I told him “excuse me! Thante kaalu ividinnu mattu”, move your foot from here. He didn’t hear that, so I said again and again. He finally heard, but he didn’t just hear it, he jolted up in his seat and looked around, wondering what just happened. Okay! So he was just asleep. He moved his foot and went back again to sleep. I and my friends turned around to see the movie again and my feminist alarm died away laughing. When the movie was done and we were leaving I looked at that man only to find him deep asleep.
I am not switching to another topic. This is all I can manage without my creativity. I will see you next time, after the exams and when my creativity is back.   

1 comment:

  1. I just loved the way you filled the blank page without much creativity..... and its a kind of creativity.... i must say... exams...space..feminist alarm... Nice... LIKE :)

    ReplyDelete